Asda Aquafresh Competition
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by entering this promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions and to their details being communicated to third parties including but not limited to the Promoter’s agency in relation to this promotion. Please retain a copy for your information.
1. “The Promoter” and the “Data Controller”: GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare (UK) Trading Limited, 980 Great West Road, Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 9GS.
2. Eligibility: Offer open to GB residents (England, Scotland and Wales), aged 18 years or over, excluding employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, Asda, their subsidiaries or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion. Entrants should ensure that they have the bill payer's permission before sending a text entry. The promotion is not open to residents of Northern Ireland.
3. Promotional Period: The promotion opens on 09.06.16 and closes at 23:59 pm on 28.07.16.
4. To participate: Entrants should purchase any Aquafresh product available in Asda, then text the word AQUAFRESH then a space, their email address followed by a space and last 4 digits of the barcode to 80878– for example “AQUAFRESH firstname.lastname@example.org 1234”. Entrants are advised to take care when entering the text code and entry details and ensure they include the space which is mandatory; the promoter is not responsible for mistypes and incorrect texts may still be charged. Only correct entries that have followed the instructions will be accepted. For the avoidance of doubt, spelling mistakes, invalid email addresses, and incorrect barcodes will all be disqualified. Capital letters or lowercase will both be accepted.
5. Only one entry per person per day is accepted for the duration of the promotion. Max one prize per household. For the avoidance of doubt, one individual product purchased = one entry. If it becomes apparent that a participant or their household is using multiple mobiles to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person or household’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void. No third party or bulk entries will be accepted.
6. Text entries are charged at your standard network rate, please ask the bill payer’s permission before entering.
7. Text lines are open 24 hours a day until 23:59 pm on 28.07.16. If you text after the closing date, you will not be entered but will still be charged. For SMS technical support only, please call 03333 353351. If you are unable to get through, check with your network operator.
8. Only valid entries will receive a bounce-back text message within 24 hours as confirmation of receipt of entry. The Promoter is responsible for the cost of this entry confirmation, which is the only proof of receipt of entry by the Promoter. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any text entries that fail to be received for any reason whatsoever.
9. Winner Selection: At the end of the promotion, all valid entries received will be placed into a prize draw whereby 301 winners will be selected at random under independent supervision. The 1st winner selected will be awarded the Disney prize and the next 300 winners will each be awarded a branded Aquafresh football.
10. Winner Notification: The winner of the trip to Disneyland Paris will be contacted by telephone to the number used to enter the promotion within 14 days of being selected. 3 attempts will be made to contact the winner and a message will be left with details of how to claim. Winners of the branded Aquafresh footballs will receive notification by text message to the number used to enter the promotion within 14 days of being selected. The text message will confirm the winner has won a branded Aquafresh football and will request that the winner respond by email to the email address provided. The winner will be asked to provide a full GB postal address where they would like the prize to be sent.
11. In the event that the Promoter does not receive any communication response from winners within 28 days of the initial telephone call or email notification or the number is invalid, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel prize entitlement. The Promoter has the right to validate all prize claims and reject any claims not meeting all of the terms and conditions as set out.
12. Names, postal addresses, and mobile phone numbers cannot be changed once submitted to the Promoter.
13. Under no circumstance will prizes be reissued.
13.1 The main prize is 1 x trip to Disneyland Paris for 2 adults & 2 children under 12 years. Prize includes return Eurostar travel from London, 2 nights 4* B&B accommodation in a family room, 3 day park entrance, UK departure taxes & travel insurance. Prize valid for 12 months from the date a winner is selected and initially notified. Travel date exclusions: 24th December 2016 - 1st January 2017 and 14th April - 17th April 2017. Age and height restrictions will apply on certain rides within Disneyland Paris.
13.2 Additional prizes are 300 x branded Aquafresh footballs.
14. Disneyland tickets/booking information will be emailed or despatched by post within 28 days once the winner’s details have been received. The mini footballs will be dispatched by post within 28 days once the winner’s full name and GB postal address have been received. Prizes returned to sender or undelivered due to inaccurate details will be considered unwanted and the prize will be lost.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to share the prize winners’ details to any third party agency supporting the Promoter in relation to this promotion. The third party agency may contact the prize winners’ on the Promoter’s behalf.
16. A valid passport is required for travel. Fees for any changes requested by the prize winner after the booking has been completed are not covered in the prize arrangement and must be paid for in advance by the prize winner. Meals on flights are not covered. The prize winner and guests must travel on the same itinerary as described in paragraph 13.1 above. Flight tickets are non-refundable for cancellation and variable change fees apply.
17. All spending money, expenses, travel and other costs not expressly stated in the prize description above are the sole responsibility of the prize winner and their nominated guests.
18. The prize package must be taken in its entirety and cannot be split, substituted or transferred in any way.
19. There are no cash or other prize alternatives available in whole or in part except in the event of circumstances outside its control the promoter reserves the right to substitute similar alternatives of equal or greater value. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter the prizes will only be awarded directly to the winners.
20. By participating in the promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Any breach of these terms and conditions by a winner may result in forfeiture of their prize.
21. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter accepts no liability for personal injury, loss, death or other circumstances affecting the enjoyment of participants as a result of or connected to taking part in this promotion or winning a prize. The Promoter cannot guarantee the performance of any contractual obligations of third parties, such as hotels or transport companies.
22. The winners’ details (full name and county only) will be available for 6 months only from the close of the promotion by sending a self-addressed envelope to Aquafresh Euros Promotion, LIFE Agency, 45 Frederick Street, Birmingham, B1 3HN. Winners agree that their details will be made available in this way, and agree to their names and photographs being used for promotional purposes.
23. The winners may be required to take part in publicity with no recompense.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to verify any entrant or winner including but not limited to proof of name, mobile phone number and postal address.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, but will make reasonable efforts to minimise the effect of this.
26. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction
27. This promotion is not endorsed, sponsored or in any way affiliated with Disney.
28. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
Trade Marks are owned by or licensed to the GSK group of companies